The European Solar Days are a concept of social marketing applied to the solar energy sector. They were born in Austria in early 2000 and have conquered the whole of Europe in 2008.
The purpose of this public awareness campaign, supported by the European Commission, is to promote the use of solar energy for the production of heat and electricity to the general public.
It will be held simultaneously in more than 10 European partner countries (Belgium, Germany, The Netherlands, Austria, Italy, Croatia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain, United Kingdom).
Any type of event aiming to better making known solar energy with the general public can be organized.
* open days in factories and companies of the solar industry
* symposium on the use of solar energy in municipalities or by professionals
* exposition on solar use in schools
* solar initiatives in municipalities and schools
* solar projects in universities